Posted by Aline Martin O'Brien on 4th Jan 2022
In 2022 I'm Going To … Hmm, Let Me Think
It's that time of year again - everyone from your closest friends to the neighbors to your physician's assistant may have asked you about your New Year's Resolutions. That's not surprising since about half of all Americans make resolutions at the new year. Although many resolutions are abandoned or modified during the year, the mere act of considering improvements and starting on the path dramatically increases the odds that positive change will occur.
We've been collecting a few, and for every good suggestion, there seems to be a couple of head-scratchers.
- Get genuinely lost, and don't consult your phone to escape.
- Have your photo taken in five unusual places (but don't fall off!).
- Learn an exciting card or magic trick you can share with others.
- Brush your teeth using the opposite hand.
- Stop procrastinating - tomorrow may not happen.
Year in and year out, the most popular resolutions focus more seriously on self-improvement. They include increasing fitness/losing weight, getting more organized, saving more/spending less, quitting smoking, and enjoying life more.
As you review the detailed advice for each of these resolutions, you'll find that a common benefit cited is "better sleep." It doesn't seem to matter if the resolution pertains to increasing exercise, starting meditation, decreasing alcohol consumption, improving daily planning, or losing weight. Indeed, even saving more/spending less might help you sleep a bit easier at night!
Remember, though, that resolutions are meant to help us improve and not add extra pressure at the start of the new year. At Downlite, we're all about making things easier and reducing stress - our mission is to help everyone get a better night's sleep, which is one of the top stress relievers.
In that regard, if getting better sleep is among your goals for 2022, or one of the benefits you hope to realize from your resolutions, we have some great ideas to help.
- Changing your bedding and upgrading to hotel bedding, such as hotel pillows and/or hotel comforter, can change up your habitual patterns, improve sleep, and, perhaps, become itself a resolution fulfilled.
- New mattress pads. Mattress protectors have improved dramatically since the options were "leaky or plastic." Knowing that our new hotel-quality mattress protector properly protects your mattress will be a comfort in itself, on top of which you'll enjoy these benefits:
- Clean Sleep Antimicrobial
- Cool To The Touch
- Durable For Repeat Washings
- Waterblock™ Waterproof Protection
- Odor Reduction
- SureGrip® Side Panels - Deep-pocket up to 18"
- OEKO-TEX® Certified Textiles Are Certified Free Of Harmful Chemicals
- Easy Care - Machine Wash & Dry
- Hypoallergenic - Reduces Reaction to Household Allergens
- Three-in-one pillow. Our unique 3-in-1 Adjustable Pillow allows you to customize your sleep experience and experiment with different firmnesses and fillings.
- Cooling bedding of all types. From mattress protectors and pads to cooling blankets and cooling pillows, a wide variety of cooling bedding has been introduced and improved upon in recent years. Why not try something different for 2022?
- Lighter weight comforters. Our standard advice to anyone confused about comforter weight, or improving bedding in general, is to start with more lightweight bedding. Heat retention and distribution have an enormous effect on sleep quality, and the lighter and heat diffusing products now available can have an immediate positive impact.
If you would like personalized assistance or professional advice before ordering your bedding, you may contact our customer service representatives, and they will assist you in your decision-making.
Image by <a href="https://pixabay.com/users/engin_akyurt-3656355/?utm_source=link-attribution&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=image&utm_content=3804523">Engin Akyurt</a> from <a href="https://pixabay.com/?utm_source=link-attribution&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=image&utm_content=3804523">Pixabay</a>