Posted by Matt Cardoni on 8th Sep 2022
5 Tips to Drive More Bookings & Better Reviews
Attracting the "right" type of guest with your marketing and selecting the amenities they genuinely value will result in more relevant guest experiences, more bookings, and better reviews.
Data shows that Airbnb guests are most strongly attracted to Airbnb by its practical attributes of cost, location, and amenities. It can be helpful to understand the market options when choosing your primary target audience so you can better tailor your amenities to that group. This traveler study from Amadeus found that customers tend to break into six types of profiles. Here are our recommendations about what elements to select and highlight to appeal to specific audience segments:
- Ethical Travelers prioritize ethical and environmental factors when planning travel. In addition to recycling and offering reusable shopping bags, you can appeal to this audience by highlighting the sustainable elements in your home:
- Oeko-Tex Certified bedding validates the sustainability and safety of textiles through all stages of production, from material to finished goods.
- Downlite is RDS (responsibly sourced down) certified. This global certification ensures humane practices are adhered to across all production practices.
- Obligation Meeters travel to meet a bounded objective; they are usually business/executive travelers. This audience travels frequently and would typically value:
- Bedding from hotels popular with business travelers such as Hyatt Hotels & Westin & Starwood Properties. You can use our Hotel Bedding Finder to find bedding enjoyed at many other hotels.
- High-speed internet
- Quiet, well-lit space for meetings
- Reward Hunters are luxury travelers that seek indulgent 'must-have' experiences. Guests in this category value elements like:
- High thread count bedding
- Goose down pillows
- Bedding from top hotels and resorts such as the Peninsula Hotel, the Waldorf Astoria, or Bellagio Casino & Hotel
- A deluxe mattress pad or topper, or ultra-plush mattress pad provides a thick layer of softness for your guests and adds protection for your mattress
- For the ultimate experience, you could feature a pillow top feather bed in the main bedroom. This topper is often described as "sleeping on a cloud." Feather beds are constructed with real feathers and designed to support and cradle pressure points in the shoulders, spine, and hips. Feather beds are considered a luxury item that provide a soft and dreamy sleep experience.
- Simplicity Searchers appreciate ease and transparency in their travel planning. They tend to be active seniors.
- Selecting bedding for seniors would help draw this crowd.
- Learning how to enhance the comfort of seniors in bed would help understand this audience better.
- Using bedding protectors allows them to sleep easily.
- Family Travelers with young children have a lot to pack and think through before and during their stay. Providing thoughtful elements for youngsters will reduce parents' packing lists and luggage, and your reviews will reflect this.
- Thin pillows are better for kids and their smaller heads and spines by providing a comfortable cushion without straining their little necks and causing sleep disturbances. You can help guests of all ages get restful nights with an extra soft flat pillow.
- Another kid-friendly option is the outer liner of the Intelli-Pedic™ 3-in-1 pillow. Unzip and remove the thick inner cushion to use in an adult room, and leave the thin flat pillow for a child.
- Pillow forts and pillow fights are especially appealing to children and families.
While no two guests are exactly alike, you can entice visitors that align with your target audience objectives with products and features that appeal to their values. You can even provide guests with an experience that checks boxes they weren't even considering. After all, hospitality is about anticipating and exceeding expectations.
Good luck attracting new guests and filling your schedule with some help from Downlite. If you want personalized assistance or professional advice before ordering bedding, you may contact our customer service representatives, and we will assist you in your decision-making.