Posted by Aline Martin O'Brien on 4th Nov 2021
The Essential Bedding Item You Never See
Many unseen or unappreciated things in life just make things go better, from a quality jewelry organizer to a well-organized closet, having things secure and in their place gives a sense of comfort. In the bedding business, the unseen thing that makes life go better and gives a sense of security is the simple mattress protector.
Mattress pads, pillow toppers, foam toppers - all are available for those who desire a change in the feel of their mattress. For example, reviewers rave about the comfort and elegance of Downlite’s Cloud Top Ultra Plush mattress topper.
However, mattress and sleep experts do recommend a seven-year mattress replacement cycle, which can come up pretty fast, considering that a good bedroom paint job will last 7-10 years. Adding a mattress protector is important, virtually essential when replacing a mattress.
A new mattress with a comfy top doesn’t require a topper or thick mattress pad (assuming you are happy with the mattress). A mattress protector, on the other hand, is all but required. They are inexpensive, protect your investment, have no visible impact, and shouldn't dramatically change the way your mattress feels.
Did you know that the body can release almost a liter of perspiration per night? Or that millions of dust mites may be living in your mattress? Therefore, a mattress protector is essential to protect your bedding from moisture, mites, and the various problems they bring.
The mattress protector has two main functions:
- prolong the life of your mattress in general,
- prevent the development and migration of odors, bacteria, and mites.
The mattress pads perform these functions by:
- absorbing excessive perspiration,
- ensuring better hygiene with easy laundering,
- avoiding mattress stains, and
- blocking the migration of mites and allergens.
Downlite is happy to now offer a hotel-quality mattress protector that addresses just about everything you could ask for in a mattress protector.
- Clean Sleep Antimicrobial
- Cool To The Touch
- Durable For Repeat Washings
- Waterblock™ Waterproof Protection
- Odor Reduction
- SureGrip® Side Panels - Deep-pocket up to 18"
- OEKO-TEX® Certified Textiles Are Certified Free Of Harmful Chemicals
- Easy Care - Machine Wash & Dry
- Hypoallergenic - Reduces Reaction to Household Allergens
- Top Fabric - 65% Polyester, 35% Nylon
Downlite also offers a variety of mattress pads, including waterproof, hypoallergenic, cooling, plush, medium plush, super plush, or ultimate plush, ideal for softening your bed and other styles. As with your mattress, protection can also be added to the pillow.
If you would like personalized assistance or professional advice before ordering your bedding, you may contact our customer service representatives, and they will assist you in your decision-making.